Wilson Transformer Company’s Distribution Transformer Business Unit produces standard and specialised compact MV substations ranging in size from 100kVA up to 3,000kVA at our Wodonga facility. These products form a critical part of electrical distribution networks and ensure reliable supply of electricity to homes and industry.
Our compact MV substations are designed and manufactured for standard and specific customer requirements that are widely used in areas where underground power reticulation is required, such as in residential, commercial and industrial developments. The fully enclosed transformer, HV and LV connections or switchgear are all fully assembled and tested in the factory prior to shipping to site. The standard design methodologies have been subject to extensive design review and subsequent in field review.
Many standard and customised compact MV substation arrangements are available. All configurations are fully rated in their enclosures, which include:
- In line kiosk (HV, transformer, LV) with oil containment
- In line kiosk (HV, transformer, LV) without oil containment
- Pad mounted style (HV and LV on one side of transformer) with oil containment
- Pad mounted style (HV and LV on one side of transformer) without oil containment
Any other special request that a customer may have Key features and benefits include:
- Compliance with Energy Performance Standards
- Robust build with integrated quality control and proven performance
- Proven supply chain integration
- Qualified weld processes
- Robust construction for transport to the most inaccessible locations
- Excellent corrosion protection systems, with option of galvanised tanks and marine grade aluminium or 3CR12 stainless steel cubicle for rugged long life protection
- Hot dip galvanized mild steel or concrete base, fluid containment available up to 110%
- High fire point environmental fluid if beneficial